An Illustrated Guide to IPSec

Hello listmates,

One of the most widespread security protocols is IPSec, but many of
us have found that the number of knobs and settings and switches gets
really overwhelming. I was in that boat as well, so I dove in and wrote
a paper that covers IPSec at the protocol level.

It doesn't cover things like Key Exchange yet (that's the *next* paper),
but it's got a lot of detail that should be comforting to any TCP/IP
geeks.

        Unixwiz.net Tech Tip: An Illustrated Guide to IPSec
        http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/iguide-ipsec.html

It's amazing how much one learns by writing about it...

Steve

--
Stephen J Friedl | Security Consultant |  UNIX Wizard  |   +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net  | Tustin, Calif. USA  | Microsoft MVP | steve@xxxxxxxxxxx