Re: gzip TOCTOU file-permissions vulnerability

"Mark Senior" <Mark.Senior@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [...]

In a quick test, this seems not to be true, at least on my Linux
system.  It may be true over NFS.

    [gifford@gifford tmp]$ ls -ld testfile
    ls: testfile: No such file or directory
    [gifford@gifford tmp]$ cat t.c
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <unistd.h>
    #include <fcntl.h>

    void die(char *msg)
    {
      perror(msg);
      exit(1);
    }

    int main()
    {
      int fd;

      if ((fd = open("testfile",O_CREAT|O_WRONLY,0)) < 0)
        die("open failed");
      if (write(fd,"output\n",7) < 0)
        die("write failed");
      if (close(fd) < 0)