Re: Round One: "DLL Proxy" Attack Easily Hijacks SSL from Internet Explorer

It's nice to see this getting some attention.  We've been working on some
exploits in this area for the last year, and actually have been able to use
and/or steal a user's private key from the CSP that IE uses.

We used DLL injection for our attacks; we didn't know about dll proxies.

We put out a Technical Report about this in February of last year, and our
paper appeared at the "2nd Annual PKI Research Workshop" at NIST in April 2003.
 The latest version can be found here:

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~carlo/research/tr2004-489.pdf

It's a fun read.

John