Re: Windows Update: A single point of failure for the world's economy?

Stefano Zanero wrote:

> Enabling a world-wide auto-update feature does indeed seem much of a
> security risk to me.

There was an interesting article in the Washington Post recently:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A34978-2003Aug23?language=printer

It included the text:

        The chance of a patch wrecking Windows is dwarfed by the
        odds that an unpatched PC will get hit. And for those
        saying they don't trust Microsoft to fix their systems,
        I have one question: If you don't trust this company,
        why did you give it your money?

I like that last question, even if (or perhaps "especially since" {8^) I
bring it to a different conclusion than others may.

        - Andrew