Re: RIP: ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer?

It seems the patent in question covers not only client-side
executables, but server-side as well:
"Once selected the program object executes on the
user's (client) computer or may execute on a remote server or additional
remote computers"
So, not only javascript/flash/java are subjects of this copyright
but any CGI/whatnot application as well -  or am I reading it wrong ?

Igor