Re: [EURO-ALS] [ALAC] Internal rules of procedure, draft 1

Great work, I've gone through it once quickly, but requires more thought.
Just a couple of questions and comments for now:
1. I would personally prefer that the the ALAC liaison to the Board be an
ALAC member or a recent member(past 2-year term)so that the person is in
tune with current ALAC thinking. Even for GNSO and ccNSO the default
should be to have an ALAC member. Otherwise, I'm afraid ALAC would face
pressures from the bodies to which it is appointing liaisons to have their
candidates.
2. If you're going to allow only ALAC members to nominate or
self-nominate, what is the point of dong it on the Public List?
Transparency?
Siavash

> All,
>
> I have finally managed to finalize a draft of our internal rules of
> procedure, as promised. It ended up being quite detailed, but once you
> do the work, I think you have to do it well.
>
> There are a couple of brackets here and there, for the rest I tried to
> reflect our commonly agreed practice and the (not many) opinions that
> were given on the list (I hope I didn't miss any). So the document has
> an ample section on officers and their missions, detailed procedures
> both for election and for recall, and the sections on motions and on
> meetings. We should also incorporate the minimum participation
> requirements into it.
>
> As always, questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> --
> vb.             [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
> http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Prima o poi...

IPM/IRNIC
P.O.Box 19395-5564, Shahid Bahonar Sq.
Tehran 19548, Iran
Phone: (+98 21) 22 82 80 80; 22 82 80 81, ext 113
Cell: (+98 912)104 2501
Fax: (+98 21) 22 29 57 00
Email: shahshah@xxxxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxx