Here's my count of UDRP issues that were mentioned so far (also
adding my own five):

Ken Hamma:
        1
        4
        5
        9
        15
        18
Hong Xue:
        1
        2
        4
        5
        10
        19
Wendy Seltzer:
        17
        10
        19
        12
        13
        16
        18
Esther Dyson:
        1
        2
        4
        5
        18
        13
Thomas Roessler:
       13
       15
       16
       18
       2

This leads to the following count:

      # issue
      4 18      Affirmative defenses
      3 5       Promulgate accreditation standards?
      3 4       Address conflict of interests in acc. standards?
      3 2       Make complainant and respondent filings publicly available?
      3 13      Confusing similarity?
      3 1       Improved centralized, searchable access?
      2 19      Precedential effect?
      2 16      Settlement negotiations?
      2 15      "holding" vs. "use"?
      2 10      Internal appelate review?
      1 9       Amend proc. for implementing orders to transfer?
      1 17      reverse domain-name hijacking?
      1 12      Protection for non-registered marks?

Since 4 and 5 were considered to be part of the same package by most
who spoke up, this would leave us with the following five top
issues: 18; {4, 5}; 2; 13; 1.

I'm not sure, though, that issue 1 (centralized, searchable access
to UDRP decisions) is actually an appropriate topic for GNSO
policy-making.  This would be a useful service that could be
provided by ICANN or any third party (or both), either for a cost or
for free -- but it's nothing that would require a community
consensus that then leads to rules that bind registrars and
registries.  Addressing this in a policy-development process would
basically be a waste of resources.

For this reason, I'd like those of you who have listed #1 as one of
their top issues to reconsider this choice, and to focus on those
issues that make sense as possible changes to the policy proper.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler  <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/