RE: [ga] Re: Redelegation issues

[cc's trimmed]

I hear this a lot.  I wonder if it's right.  Might be, but on balance,
I'll bet not.  Why?

1. It might mess up whatever traffic analysis the US is doing.

2. Dissidents will get at least as much use of the local net, with less
chance to route around, so it's an asset as well as a liability.

3. This is an option that the US must understand can only be used once
before the EU sets up its own root.  I bet they decide this one isn't
worth it.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate learning more (links?) about what ICANN did/is
doing to help out the ccTLD's.  It's always nice to get good news.  I'd
happily publish it at ICANNWatch.

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                        -->It's hot here.<--