Re: [At-Large] Rules of procedure, draft 2

Roberto Gaetano ha scritto:
I don't take a position in this debate, I don't know if it is best to do the
elections before (Thomas) or during (Vittorio) the AGM, but I only want to
point out that you probably want to have the officers elected by the
incoming ALAC, not the expiring one. If this is the case, you need
necessarily to separate the election of the ALAC members, keeping also in
mind that 2 or 3 are coming out not from the regions but from the NomCom,
that has its own schedule, from the election of the officers, that must be
done when the new members have already taken their seat.

As it is written now, it is the current members that vote, but we could easily change that if we wanted, by moving the date of the vote to, say, no more than five days after the closure of the AGM. In practice, the outgoing Chair could fix the vote five minutes after the AGM is closed, while everyone is still there; which is what happens with the Board meeting at the AGM.

Since that's what we agreed through the comments + no objection process, does anyone in the ALAC feel the need to change a) the above or b) the fact that we want to make all appointments at the AGM, as opposed to appointing the Board liaison one month before the other officers?

Also, I'm still waiting for preferences on the majorities necessary for recalls and amendments. Personally I think that any of the two last compromise options (3. and 4. in the initial message of the thread) could be ok for everyone.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------